An Infamous Army by Georgette Heyer

This is my old copy of this book. It cost me 90 cents back in 1968/69 and, if I remember correctly, was purchased from our local newsagent. Many of my Georgette Heyer novels were purchased there on a Saturday or after school  and I can remember my excitement when a new novel appeared on the shelves or my great disappointment  when I came away empty handed.

 An interesting snippet about this book is that it was on a suggested reading list for Sandhurst Military Academy due to Georgette Heyer’s brilliant description of the Battle of Waterloo. I wonder how many officer cadets read it?

My reason for mentioning this novel is that I want to add a new copy to my bookshelf because I’m taken with its cover. 

Yes, I'm going to re-read it in the near future



















Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments:

Post a Comment