20 Books of Summer (Winter) 2022 - Wrap Up

This reading challenge was hosted by Cathy @ 746 Books and ran from June 1st to September 1st, the winter months here in Australia.

In that time, I read a total of twenty five books and wrote reviews for nine. I still have some reviews in the draft stage which will be posted at a later date.

My list was drawn from my NetGalley shelf (which included titles for book

tours), physical review copies, books nominated for other reading challenges and some that I have wanted to read since their release but needed to wait until they were available from the library. Of the latter, some didn't arrive in time for this challenge and I also found that my mood didn't fit some of the books I'd listed, hence the subsitutions.

This is what I read with links to my reviews:

01. Growing Up by Angela Thirkell
02. The Headmistress by Angela Thirkell Marling Hall by Angela Thirkell
03. Miss Bunting by Angela Thirkell  Raleigh - Tudor Adventurer by Tony Riches
04. Peace Breaks Out by Angela Thirkell Evil in Emerald by A.M. Stuart
05. The French for Murder by Verity Bright
06. The Angel of Vienna by Kate Hewitt
07. Murder at the Dunwich Asylum by Karen Thurecht
08. The Lost Sister of Fifth Avenue by Ella Carey
09. The Crimson Thread by Kate Forsyth
10. The Secret Keeper by Siobhan Curham
11. Where the Sky Begins by Rhys Bowen
12. The Awakenings by Sarah Maine  Miss Aldridge Regrets by Louise Hare
13. The Leviathan by Rosie Andrews The Brightest Star by Emma Harcourt
14. The Last Station by Nicole Alexander  The Light We Left Behind by Tessa Harris
15. The Royal Secret by Andrew Taylor  The Dead Can Wait by Robert Ryan
16. The Return by Anita Frank Death Down the Aisle by Verity Bright
17. Skulduggery by Paul Rushworth-Brown When Blood Lies by C.S. Harris
18. The Hobby Shop on Barnaby Street by Jillianne Hamilton Hungry Death by Robin Blake
19. The Glass of Time by Michael Cox The Plantation Murders by Karen Thurecht
20. I Know My Love by Catherine Gaskin (my book for the Classics Club Spin#30)
21. Property of a Lady by Sarah Payne
22. Too Much of Water by L.C. Tyler
23. The Whispering by Sarah Payne
24. A Study in Murder by Robert Ryan
25. A Sunlit Weapon by Jacqueline Winspear

Even though I didn't review all the books I'd read, I'm still happy with my result and declaring this challenge a success. I'm looking forward to participating again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment