Six Degrees of Separation: From True History of the Kelly Gang to Jack and the Beanstalk

book cover image
It's the first Saturday of the month and time to play Six Degrees of Separation. This meme is hosted by Kate of Books Are My Favourite and Best. The aim is to link six books to each other from the starting point.

This month the starting point is Peter Carey’s True History of the Kelly Gang. Ive only read one book by this Australian author and that is Jack Maggs, which I liked.

As I'm pressed for time, this book is my first link and sets the theme for my quick, pictorial post: books with the name Jack in the title.

My Six Degrees of Separation includes a popular maritime series, an Australian classic, a military series, an infamous historical figure and a well-known fairy tale.

Next month (June 4, 2022), the starting point is a book by another Australian author, Sorrow and Bliss by Meg Mason.

6 comments:

  1. I think that the only Peter Carey book I have read is Jack Maggs too.Clever twist this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if someone would bring up Jack Maggs! And you went full Jack here. (I didn't care for Jack Maggs... I found too many problems with the plot, and I wasn't thrilled with his writing style.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack Maggs popped into my head straight away, so I had to run with that. The only other book I have considered reading by Peter Carey is Oscar and Lucinda, though I may just watch the film instead.

      Delete
  3. A set of Jack books - very clever! I haven't read Jack Maggs - and I'll be honest, not sure I am that bothered.

    ReplyDelete