2018 Reading Challenges - My Wrap Up Post

Here is my wrap up post for the challenges I signed up for in 2018. Once again, I have mixed results. Okay, I'll be honest - I failed miserably. On the bright side, I did read some wonderful
books throughout the year and found some new authors to follow.

Aussie Author Challenge 2018

Of the 12 titles I nominated to read for the Kangaroo level of this challenge (read and review 12 titles), I only read 7 and reviewed 2:

Four Respectable Ladies Seek Part-time Husband by Barbara Toner
The Naturalist's Daughter by Tea Cooper 
Mrs.M by Luke Slattery 
The Power Game by Meg and Tom Keneally 
The Lily and the Rose by Jackie French 
Ambulance Girls Under Fire by Deborah Burrows 
The Secrets at Ocean's Edge by Kali Napier 

Not a great result. However, out of 121 books I'd read in 2018, 25 were by Australian authors.

I'm signing up for this challenge again in 2019.

Australian Women Writers Challenge 2018

I signed up for the Franklin level (read 10 books, if reviewing review at least 6). Changes were made to my original list. These were the books I read for this challenge:

The Paris Seamstress by Natasha Lester
Four Respectable Ladies Seek Part-time Husband by Barbara Toner
The Secrets at the Ocean's Edge by Kali Napier
The Naturalist's Daughter by Tea Cooper
The Widow of Ballarat by Darry Fraser
The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton
The Pearl Thief by Fiona McIntosh
The Lost Pearl by Emily Madden
The Desert Nurse by Pamela Hart
Forsaking All Other by Catherine Meyrick

I'm signing up again for this challenge in 2019.

Back to the Classics 2018


The challenge was to read and review at least 6 books from 12 categories. I only read one book with no review posted, Payment Deferred by C.S. Forester (a 20th century classic).

I struggled with this challenge as I never seemed to be in the right mood to read one of the novels I'd nominated. Sadly, I'll be giving this challenge a miss in 2019.


Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2018

My goal for 2018 was 50+ books, which I had no trouble reaching as I read mainly historical fiction. Again I didn't review as many books as I would've liked. The list of books I read and reviewed for this challenge is here.

I'm signing up for this challenge again in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment