RIP XVI (Readers Imbibing Peril)
01/09/2021 - 31/10/2021

It's that time of year where we rummage through our TBR piles in search of those dark and spooky books suitable for this challenge.

There are no hard and fast rules. Just grab a book or as many as you like which fit any of the following classifications: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror or Supernatural, and read them during September and October.

You can follow along on Instagram or Twitter, and if you post, use the tags @perilreaders and #ripxvi. Even if you're not a social media user, you

can still participate. You can submit the books you read HERE.

Along with the reading challenge, there are also other events this year: a photo challenge, a Bingo card challenge (see end of post) and a group read of The Sundial by Shirley Jackson.

Sound like fun? Then, why not join in?

Last year I participated for the first time. I only managed to read one book, Corpse Thief by Michael Arnold, though I had aimed to read at least two. I'm hoping to do better this year as I'm already part way through one of the books on my list.

Here are my choices, selected from my Netgalley shelf, library books and my personal hoard.

Hyde by Craig Russell
Black Drop by Leonora Nattrass
The Secret Wife by Steve Robinson
The Death Collector by Toni Mount
After Alice Fell by Kim Taylor Blakemore
Mrs England by Stacey Halls
The Servant by Maggie Richell-Davies
The Haunting of H.G. Wells by Robert Masello
On the House by H.P. Maskew
The Butchered Man by Harriet Smart

The Bingo card:

2 comments:

  1. I am planning on at least reading The Sundial for RIP this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I only managed to read one book last year.

      Delete