SIX IN SIX - 2020 EDITION!

Here we are in July, which means it's time to participate in this fun meme hosted by Jo @ The Book Jotter.

SIX IN SIX is a meme where the aim is to share in July six books in six categories from the books we have read etc. in the first six months of the year, either using Jo's categories or your own.


Once again I've more or less stuck to the categories I used last year.



Six Authors New to Me

  • John Clinch (Marley)
  • Margaret Kaine (A Life of Secrets)
  • Dianne C. McPhail (The Abolitionist's Daughter)
  • Colleen Eidy Kelly (Face of Fortune)
  • Steve Robinson (The Penmaker's Wife)
  • Mercedes Rochelle (A King Under Seige)

Six Series of Books Started
  • Murder at Morrington Hall by Clara McKenna (A Stella & Lyndy Mystery #1)
  • The Ballad of John MacLea by A.J. MacKenzie (War of 1812 #1)
  • Murder in Belgravia by Lynn Britney (A Mayfair 100 Murder Mystery #1)
  • The Face of a Stranger by Anne Perry (William Monk Victorian Mysteries #1)
  • A Dangerous Duet by Karen Odden (Victorian Mystery #1)
  • Gallows Court by Martin Edward (Rachel Savernake 1930s Mysteries #1)

Six Books By Australian Authors (Non-US, Non-British)
  • Son of a Jacobite by T.J. Lovat
  • The Woman in the Green Dress by Tea Cooper
  • The Bridled Tongue by Catherine Meyrick
  • The Darkest Shore by Karen Brooks
  • Gallant Waif by Anne Gracie
  • The Shifting Landscape by Katherine Kovacic

Six books that are related to The Great War or Second World War
  • A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd (WWI)
  • An Impartial Witness by Charles Todd (WWI)
  • The Silent Christmas by M.J. Lee (WWI)
  • The Second Midnight by Andrew Taylor (WWII)
  • The Words I Never Wrote by Jane Thynne (WWII)
  • The Whispers of War by Julia Kelly (WWII)

Six Authors I Have Read Before
  • Jenny Ashcroft (Meet Me in Bombay)
  • Darry Fraser (Elsa Goody Bushranger)
  • Sara Donati (The Gilded Hour)
  • L.C. Tyler (The Bleak Midwinter)
  • Alis Hawkins (In Two Minds)
  • Judith Cutler (The Wages of Sin)

Six Books I Read in Lockdown (My Comfort/Re-reading Binge)
  • Cotillion by Georgette Heyer
  • The Corinthian by Georgette Heyer
  • Black Sheep by Georgette Heyer
  • Frederica by Georgette Heyer
  • The Toll Gate by Georgette Heyer
  • Sylvester by Georgette Heyer


6 comments:

  1. I always enjoy taking part in this meme too. It's a great way to look back at your first six months of the year. Georgette Heyer is perfect comfort reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun to do. I think I'll be reading a lot more Heyer before this year is out.

      Delete
    2. I really must read more Heyer - I am sure she would be a great comfort to me as well.

      Thank you very much for taking part again this year.

      Delete
    3. Six in Six is always a highlight in my reading year. Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  2. Hey Yvonne 👋 I am stopping by from Jo's Six in Six roundup post! Glad you enjoyed taking part again this year and impressive that you managed to stick to the same categories. I mixed things up a little bit this year with my category choices. 😃

    Here's my Six in Six post, if you fancy taking a look: https://thebookwormchronicles.wordpress.com/2020/07/09/six-in-six-my-2020-edition/ 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This meme is always fun to do. My reading habits don't change much from year to year so I can easily stick to the same categories. I'm pleased you think it's impressive. Thank you!

      Delete