THROWBACK THURSDAY: The Unknown Ajax by Georgette Heyer

Today, I’m linking up with Davida @ The Chocolate Lady’s Book Review Blog for Throwback Thursday.

I'm not sure what format my posts will take. Initially, I intend to feature some of my old reviews, but as I have a number of draft reviews going back a few years this may be the ideal opportunity to tweak and finally publish them.

Currently on Twitter there is a Georgette Heyer Readalong featuring The Unknown Ajax, with discussions held on Sundays and Wednesdays. Unfortunately these take place at 7.00 pm UK time which converts to about 5.00 am in my part of Australia. Way too early for me to participate, but I

have enjoyed following the opinions of the book and of the characters so far. The readalong has just covered chapters 9, 10 and 11 (there are 21 chapters in all). Chapters 12,13 and 14 will be discussed on Sunday, April 5 at 7.00 pm.

Twitter details: Dr. Lucie Bea D (@MissElvey)
Hashtag: #GeorgetteHeyerReadalong

As this is one of my favourite Heyer novels, I thought I'd showcase an old review of mine for my first Throwback Thursday post.

The Unknown Ajax is a Regency romance set in 1817 and first published in 1959.

Synopsis

Miles from anywhere, Darracott Place is presided over by elderly Lord Darracott. Irascible Lord Darracott rules his barony with a firm hand. The tragic accident that killed his eldest son by drowning has done nothing to improve his temper. For now, he must send for the next heir apparent--the unknown offspring of the uncle whom the family is never permitted to mention. He also summons his bickering descendants to the rundown family estate. Yet none of that beleaguered family are prepared for the arrival of the weaver's brat and heir apparent...

My Review is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment