The Classics Club Spin #18

It's time for another Classics Club Spin - #18 - and the first from the new moderators.

The rules are simple. Before Wednesday 1st August 2018, select twenty books still remaining to be read from your Classics Club list and create a post. This is your spin list.

On Wednesday, the spin number will be announced

and that is the book you will read and hopefully finish by August 31st, 2018. All the details are here.

The Classics Club Spin is a great reminder of how I've neglected my Classics Club List. To-date I've only read 2-1/3 books from it, so selecting twenty books still to read was easy.

Here is my list:

01. THE NEBULY COAT by John Meade Falkner
02. UNDER CAPRICORN, Helen Simpson
03. THE NEST OF THE SPARROWHAWK by Emmuska Orczy
04. OUR SOLDIER BOY BY George Manville Fenn
05. FOR THE TERM OF HIS NATURAL LIFE, Marcus Clarke
06. ORLEY FARM by Anthony Trollope
07. HENRY DUNBAR by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
08. THE CHILDREN OF THE NEW FOREST by Frederick Marryat
09. STARVECROW FARM by Stanley J. Weyman
10. MARY BARTON, Elizabeth Gaskell
11. MY LOVE MUST WAIT by Ernestine Hill
12. CLARA VAUGHAN by R.D. Blackmore
13. DOMBEY AND SON by Charles Dickens
14. EUGENE ARAM by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
15. THE CORNET OF HORSE, G.A. Henty
16. AGNES GREY by Anne Bronte
17. THE GUN, C.S. Forester
18. SYLVIA'S LOVERS by Elizabeth Gaskell
19. UNDER CAPRICORN by Helen de Guerry Simpson
20. THE WOODLANDERS by Thomas Hardy

The book I'm least looking forward to is Eugene Aram as I've seen it described as "verbose". I'd be very happy if the spin number is "18" as Sylvia's Lovers is set during the French Revolutionary Wars, an era I particularly enjoying reading about.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, this is a great list. My #18 is pretty great too (Gulliver's Travels), so lets hope for that number! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Gulliver's Travels, although it has been a while since I read it.

      Fingers crossed for #18!

      Delete
  2. I love looking at Classic Club lists like yours. So many books I haven't even heard of!! I'll have to take notes for my future reading. Hope you get a good spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too enjoy looking at Classic Club lists for the same reason!

      Delete