The Jack Absolute Trilogy by C.C. Humphreys


I just came across a new author (to me anyway), C.C. Humphreys (also writing as Chris Humphreys) who has written a number of novels in the historical adventure and fantasy genres. 

The 'Jack Absolute Trilogy' caught my eye as Jack Absolute is described as " the 007 of the 1770s".

This prompted a visit to my local library but unfortunately the three books - "JACK ABSOLUTE, THE BLOODING OF JACK ABSOLUTE and ABSOLUTE HONOUR were out on loan. 

This series is a little unusual as  the latter two novels are the prequel and sequel to the prequel respectively. Confusing, I know, but you can choose to read them in chronological order or in the order in which they were written.



However, all was not lost as I came across another of  Humphrey's novels, SHAKESPEARE'S REBEL. It's in my reading pile and will tide me over until I  obtain copies of the other novels.

I will be back later with my thoughts on this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment